With spring and summer weddings getting closer by the minute, so many of my couples are knee-deep in wedding planning and are stressed out. If that sounds familiar, it’s time to take a break from wedding madness! Here are some ideas for fun and laugh-inducing diversions from too much wedding stuff.
If there is still snow all over the place where you live, find an indoor play activity. There are so many to choose from these days.
- Bowling—silly shoes required.
- Indoor Go-Kart racing (I’m not kidding—we have a course in our mall).
- Indoor miniature golf. Deck yourself out in some preppy togs.
- Make your own clay pottery shops. Get really messy.
- Or pull out your own arts and crafts and get gluing or painting or whatever!
- Arcades for skeeball, racing games, dance games, pinball, and all that fun stuff.
- Movie marathon! Try this at home or go to a double feature at the theater. Have plenty of popcorn and candy.
If it’s nice out, choose a favorite outdoor activity to burn some energy and laugh out loud as much as possible.
- If there is still snow left but it’s not as crazy cold as it has been, how about making a snowman? Or sledding!
- Go for a hike. Or once it is warm enough, how about camping too?
- Bike on a nearby rail to trail path. Decorating bicycle tire spokes is optional but a great silly addition.
- Roller Coaster! Most places around me aren’t open yet but if you can find one, get screaming.
- Go to a parade. If you missed St. Patty’s Day, look forward to Easter Day and find a parade.
- Music under the stars. Find an outdoor concert with your favorite style of music.
- Picnic. Pack a basket of goodies and wine and sit back and giggle with the one you love!
I wish you all joy and silliness as much as I wish you deep and meaningful lives filled with love.